Friday, August 03, 2007

Really?

Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
Leave but don't leave me.
Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

"Breathe" (Waters, Gilmour, Wright)

3 Comments:

Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

What is it that struck you about this?

4:11 PM  
Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I think the second and fourth verses strike me.

The second is not true (IMHO) for two reasons:
1. What you touch and what you see can change without changing. While flying high you will see the fields stretching into the horizon. When low, you cannot see the fields, but you can see each blade of grass, and the animals that live there.
And yet, still you look at the same thing, but it is different.
2. I knew there was more. I could feel it in my heart. It may be a difficult path, but more will I find. My heart tells me that this is so.

The fourth? Is it true? I do not know.
Certainly, it is said that the light that burns the brightest burns the fastest.

I guess the trick is knowing which waves to ride. For life should not be lived so simply, to ride forever on the wave on which we began it.
Sometimes, we should balance ourselves on the biggest waves.

But sometimes, we just want to wash along with the lesser ones.

Those are my thoughts, anyway :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Oh! And, on a completely different subject...

Did you say you were going to see The Cure this month? Hope you have a great time and let us know how it was :D

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home