Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The torturous 2week wait

Well,
I've been up and down physically and emotionally since last Thursday. Had my retrieval in the morning. DH was with me when they did the retrieval. I was out during the procedure and woke up in another room about half an hour later.

I had to lie down for another 2 hrs, which was difficult. My DH fell asleep on the chair waiting for me to 'recover'. My tummy felt real sore and I was so worried about how many eggs they managed to collect.

2 hours later, the nurse gave me something warm to drink. I got up fast and that was a mistake, cos' I reeled over and had to lie down some more. Later they made me go to the toilet to pee to check that there was no blood in my urine. There was none but I almost passed out again and had to bend over and put me head in between my knees to keep from fainting. It was not a pleasant experience.

So anyway, somehow managed to get dressed and go to doctor's office which was on the floor above. Found out I only had 7 eggs. I didn't know how to react, just wanted to go home. Almost passed out again when I got out of the car and puked buckets into a paper bag. DH almost carried me home.


So anyway, got a call from the nurse the next day and she told me out of 7 eggs only 5 were mature and 2 fertilised. Only two. I cried and prayed so hard for my eggs that night and made my mom and DH pray along. I was so scared the two embies would not survive overnight.

On Saturday, I still felt bloated but no longer pukey. Went in for the Egg Transfer and it was over in 5 minutes. Later the embryologist came to DH and me and told us more about our embies. There was quite a bit of fragmentation (I guess they take after me, so fragile and fragmented)and their grades were 2 to 3 (1 being the best and 4 being the worst.)

So anyway, that was that. will be off work till this weekend but have been dreaming about work every night. Have been crying and praying lots and talking to my embies and telling them that I love them even if they're not perfect. I test on 8 Aug to see if I'm pregnant and don't know if I'll post till then.

Just so so consumed with fear, hope, anxiety, depression...I guess just being SO MYSELF right now.

When my brother passed away, he had a contented smile on his face which was difficult to achieve when you die from an accident. But I think it was a look of relief..finally knowing some answers,you know...

I'm praying for a miracle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I don't think anyone can be quite themselves in your situation.

At best, I think you could be 200% yourself. Some aspects increase, others decrease.

I do so hope it works.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking to say my thoughts are with you & your husband - hoping it works out.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home