Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Soon..

I'm on leave from work. Had my trigger shot last night and my butt was a bit sore for the rest of the night. Felt really bloated this morning.
Tomorrow I get my eggs retrieved! I'm so nervous. I hope they manage to collect many good eggs and they all fertilise to the best grade embryos possible!

I've been reading the Infertle Myrtle comics and I'm thinking, they're really funny, but sometimes I'm taken aback by the way pregnant women are constantly dissed there. I still enjoy the dark humour though.

I'm not going to say too much lest I offend anyone. I have learnt so much from infertility forums/websites/blogs and I know it's hard to stay positive when you feel let down time after time.

Last week I was talking to my kids about the Buddhist belief (it was a topic on Religions and Philosophies) that the root of all suffering is human desire.

Desire makes you nervous, anxious, sad, angry, jealous... and a whole lot of negative emotions.

But putting aside all my desires makes me depressed. Life is confusing. Sometimes we teach better than we learn.

I shall try to stay calm and balanced.

5 Comments:

Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

May your eggs be plentiful and fertile!
I think that sounds a bit like a slightly bizarre ye olde blessing, but the thought is there :)

I read some of those comics the other day and did notice a similar sort of thing. I guess it's a trait of that sort of medium though that your basic feelings will 1. all be let out where normally you may hold them in, and 2. they may be slightly exagerated.

Desire is a part of what makes us human. All positive thoughts CAN lead to negative ones. I wonder where desire ends and hope begins?

I do hope very much that everything goes well for you. I'm still praying.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I don't know when you find out how it went, but my thoughts are with you today.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Er. Same again.

6:17 AM  
Blogger AnnieSeed said...

M,
even though we've never met, you've been such a darling friend to me. Thanks.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I'm so glad that at least my thoughts and feelings get across then. I do worry about saying the wrong thing!

I think about you every day, and hope & pray very much that everything will work out for you.

Thank you!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home